Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Continuing on... (Zimbabwe - Part 2)

In the midst of that 90-day Journey, I went on a rural mission trip to a little bitty town called Council, Idaho with our students' youth group. (The kids were awesome!)  There were a couple of really precious days with my study, as the Lord created opportunities to apply what He was showing me to the hearts of the students I was spending time with.

Once I got home, the Zimbabwe mission trip was becoming more of a point of interest for me...
On Day 72 of my study, six points were made concerning the end of the age and Christ's return.  The point that resonated with me most was: "The worldwide witness of the gospel of Jesus Christ will increase."  I wrote, in response, "I believe I may be called to have a small part in that 'indicator' - what a privilege.  I will wait and see!"  That was July 10, 2010.

The very next morning - a Sunday morning - I opened up my Bible before getting ready for church.  I can't remember what led me to this place, but I read in Revelation, chapter 7, verse 9, these words: "After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, 'Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!'"  (I've got tears in my eyes as I think back to what this meant to me!  And how God was confirming His plan!)  You see, I was told that Betty Zihove expected women to come from neighboring villages, even from surrounding countries of Malawi and Mozambique, and others, to hear the word of God preached among the women!  As I read those words, my heart leapt at the vision of these dark-skinned women, speaking different languages, having walked miles and miles to come hear and to see what the Lord would have to say through a team of American women.  It was pretty amazing.

1 comment:

trulyluvd said...

When all is said and done...

Lord, I don't know what you're doing in me. I won't lean on my own understanding, though. I will acknowledge You, and trust you to direct my path. Thank You, Lord.