Sunday, February 21, 2016

God's Good, Pleasing and Perfect Will

"Do not be conformed any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what the Lord's will is - His good, pleasing, and perfect will." Romans 12:2

I have a dream. How much energy should I expend in making it a reality? Should I promote it actively or wait for it to begin to promote itself? I have an education and certifications to obtain - in what order should I put my priorities? It seems like the Lord is tugging at my heart - but I just don't know. Help! (These were some of my thoughts in May of 2013.)

This morning I came to an interesting realization. Well, maybe it's been happening over the last little while. (I love how the Lord works.) I realized that I'm unable to successfully and confidently determine what the Lord's will is. The reason for this inability - and here's the realization - is that I've allowed myself to conform in various ways to the pattern of the world in which I'm living. That's when He reminded me of the verse above, Romans 12. As He did, I began to see glimpses of the reality that is yet to come - His will. (?) He has a good, pleasing, and perfect will. As I'm being conformed to His image - transforming my thoughts and actions - I can start to see (and do) His will.

One step at a time, walking in obedience to a living, loving and holy God, I will see His will fulfilled.


No comments: