Sunday, July 17, 2011

Coming Home

There are so many things going through my heart and mind this evening, as I "come down" from our mission trip to Idaho.  It's interesting because I see God's hand in all that was accomplished.  I pray that I haven't gotten in the way... that He might have done even more.  His will is perfect... as well as His way.

I'm thinking of the four young women who I was blessed to get to work side-by-side with this week.  One struggled with her faith - even her salvation, and I believe she came to a new place of healing and purpose... in Christ.  Her vivacious spirit is amazing!  I wouldn't change a single thing about her!  Another came in very unsure of her standing among her peers, and went out with a fresh sense of who she is and how much she is truly loved by them.  Solid in her understanding of Christ and His Word, she taught all of us so much!  One was challenged with deeply ingrained behavioral patterns, and was resistant to recognize the harm they could cause.  By the end of the week, she dared to hope that change is possible, and has taken steps to allow the Lord to do that work in her.  I love her courageous insight!  The fourth is a student whose brand-new faith, bubbling over with joy, was such a beautiful thing to behold.  She was selfless, hard-working, sensitive and open throughout the entire week, relying on God for every need!

I am so grateful to have witnessed the growth in faith of each of these ladies!  Each one is a tremendous demonstration to me of four different areas the Lord would have me consider in my own life.  Isn't it amazing how He works?!  I am so encouraged by the work the Lord is doing in each of them, and that He will use each one in mighty ways, beginning today.

The enemy would love to steal the joy we have in knowing that we are in the center of God's will.  Now that "real life" has begun, there will be a tremendous amount of effort put forth to steal that joy.  He may even try to convince us that what we know to be true is a lie.  I pray that each of us will hold on to what is true, and resist the devil's lies.  He is the father of lies, after all.  Remember that "sin so easily entangles."  May we put it off!  Lord GOD, let there be truth in my innermost being.  Protect these precious women from anyone or anything that would seek to tear down what You have built in us.  We praise You, LORD.  Amen.

P.S. Dana, thank you for being my partner this week... Your faith is precious, and the demonstration of love you have shown to the girls and to me is beautiful!  God is good!

1 comment:

Sita said...

Tami! Did not know you were the 'trulyluvd' who left that comment that brought tears to my eyes..now it means so much more. Thank you, my friend..needed that simple statement.