Monday, December 19, 2011

Voices


A flock of sheep are on a hill near Jerusalem. The sun has set, and there is a bright star on the horizon. As the constellation continues to rise, a breeze blows across the field. The wind seems to whisper, and a little lamb hears its voice...

"Do you see what I see?
Way up in the sky, little lamb,
Do you see what I see?
A star, a star, dancing in the night
With a tail as big as a kite..."

The little lamb is so excited, "Yes! I see it!"
The lamb speaks to the shepherd keeping watch over the flock. He wonders if the boy has heard the same voice...

"Do you hear what I hear?
Ringing through the sky, shepherd boy,
Do you hear what I hear?
A song, a song high above the trees
With a voice as big as the the sea..."

Amazed, the boy cries out, "Yes, I do!... I've got to go tell the King! Surely he'll want to know!" He runs as quickly as he can to the outer court of the great palace. The King is on the terrace, and hears the small voice...

"Do you know what I know?
In your palace warm, mighty king,
Do you know what I know?
A Child, a Child shivers in the cold--
Let us bring him silver and gold..."

Humbled by the remarkable news, and quickened deep within his soul, the King sets forth a decree for all the people. He proclaims in a loud voice...

"Listen to what I say!
Pray for peace, people, everywhere,
Listen to what I say!
The Child, the Child sleeping in the night
He will bring us goodness and light..."

written by Tami Rosin (based on the carol Do You Hear What I Hear? by Noel Rigney and Gloria Shayne Baker, 1962)

Photobucket

"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace."
~Isaiah 9:6


"...if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him..." ~Revelation 3:20


May you have a very merry Christmas!

No comments: