Saturday, November 24, 2012

In the Word

The Lord doesn't just "make" us "into" something. For example, "Make me humble. Make me wise." It doesn't work like that. If I am cooperating with Him, He makes me into who I am to be in Him. He's changing me, but I must comply, submit. If I'm not in the Word, I hinder that work. The Word transforms me as I dig in... delving into the heart of God's story, from beginning to end. If the Bible remains closed, so does God's transforming work.

Opening the Word opens my eyes! It cuts open my heart. It causes me to reflect on what is good and true, and what is contrary in my own life. The Lord is so very patient with us. Not wanting us to perish, but for each of us to come to repentance... that we might have life!

Too often I'm too busy to spend time in the Word. Reading my Bible, studying my Bible. Knowing what's in there isn't enough. I need to be willing to pour through it, and let it pour through me. I can see my attitude change, my actions change as I spend time seeking to understand what God says in His Word.

Alive and active, The Bible has the power to transform lives... beginning with mine.

No comments: