Thursday, November 8, 2007

it's late...

and this is where i get silly. :) so i'm wondering... why is it so hard to trust God sometimes? hmmm... maybe the question is... *when* is it hardest to trust God? my answer is... when people let you down... let you down? hmmm... isn't that all about expectations? so are they really letting me down? or is it just that my expectations are too high? yep... i'm sure that's it. so why can't i learn to recognize that in the moment, rather than letting my emotions rise up inside of me? letting my "self" take control, rather than keeping the Lord on the throne. if the Lord were seated on the throne, how would He have me respond? that's what i've got to remember in that moment. those moments when trust takes a flying leap out the window. ok, Lord... You are there. on the throne. what's next? (thanks for putting up with me. thanks for Your faithfulness to me.)

No comments: