Thursday, November 22, 2007

No more "if only"s

I've decided that there are to be no more "if only"s in my life. I'm going to give thanks, and be content in whatever the day brings. Today was a terrific day. And here, at the end of it, my thought was, "It was great day. It would've been better if..." No more of that. It was a lovely day, from start to finish! In fact, yesterday was the start of this lovely day. My daughter helped me baked pies. Later on, my son and his girlfriend helped prepare yams for 15-20 people! This morning, I set the table for a lovely breakfast... enjoyed breakfast. Then spent the morning finding our way around downtown Seattle to deliver the goodies we'd prepared. I have the most beautiful children (who are not so much children anymore!) Had fun at the movies with my daughter. Then drove up to the Island to spend the remainder of the day with my family. Yes, there are elements that were missing. But, what I was given was fantastic! Thank You, Lord, for taking care of me. Help me to enjoy Your grace as it is given... which is abundantly! Hm. One of Aaron's favorite biblical concepts is that when you're proven with the little things, then you'll be entrusted with more. Let me be content with what I have. To manage it well, and be grateful. Amen.

No comments: